Saturday, January 9, 2010

Adventure in the Kitchen

So what does one do when an event occurs that completely changes one's lifestyle?  The old way of life is out and a completely new one begins.   COOK!   

A friend gave good advice that New Year's resolutions for the entire year are quite hard to keep, so instead she was going to do one a month.  I decided mine for January would be to try a new recipe each week.  I am in my house more than the average person because of care for my son, Liam, and I decided I would try a new recipe each week.  Well so far 3 this week!!!   The first I won't try again.  The second was new pizza dough and toppings and the third was asparagus frittata.   YUMMY.   Tommorrow is hopefully a butternut squash soup.  Of course only if Liam allows.  
.
Cooking is opening my changed world to new adventures and finding new taste buds.   Of course sometimes the 30 minute recipes take an hour or 2 hours because of the care Liam needs during the cooking.   

No comments:

Post a Comment