Friday, January 15, 2010

Coding


It all happens so fast, one second my son is happy and smiling.  The next second he has turned blue, then white with his eyes rolling to the back of his head.   Help is called for and it seems to take an eternity to bring back some color to his face.  I am sure that it was a matter of merely a minute but when you are holding your son, he is surrounded by medical teams and they are yelling he has no pulse time stands still.  

30 minutes before this happened Liam's great-grandmother passed away and I believe she was telling the Lord that it wasn't his time to come.   Keep him with his family that loves him so much.   Her last gift to me.   

Now Liam is at home after only being kept for several hours of observation after his trach was changed.  I am exhausted but grateful for another day with my son.  Another day to savor each moment with him.

So today's therapy was a butternut squash soup from Eating Well.  Yummy!  A little kick to it from the chipotle pepper.  I think it  will do better next time with a little added cilantro.   Tonight will be a wild rice and mushroom frittata:)


5 comments:

  1. This is great that you are blogging! I am looking forward to reading all of your entries. It was fun to see you...I am daydreaming about your pizza...

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://acupfullofhappiness.blogspot.com/

    update your blog!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Requesting pizza/cupcake/bread/english muffin update with pics. Mom says that you are taking them, so please share;)

    ReplyDelete